Friday, November 19, 2010

What? It's already that time?

I heard my first Christmas song of the season today.  Call me Scrooge, but I'm not a fan of Christmas music.  It has nothing to do with the fact I don't celebrate Christmas.  I used to like the music.  But for the last few years it has become like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  I don't know what changed it for me, but this time of year I tune into sports talk radio not just for the football talk.  I'm guaranteed no "White Christmas" or "Baby It's Cold Outside" (which would be my favorite if you put a gun to my head and made me choose one song that I liked).

Like it or not, hearing that first song of the season made me realize I need to get a move on things.  Hanukkah is ridiculously early this year (the week after Thanksgiving) and I am far from being ready.  So, I jumped on it.  In the past week I have decorated the house, purchased my Sally Foster gift wrap, bought a few gifts, and managed to get the whole family clean and dressed for a picture.

For the past several years I have relied on Shutterfly to help me with my holiday cards.  They have an awesome assortment, and will even address, stamp, and mail out the cards for me.  How easy is that?  I like that their cards aren't too Christmas-y, and they have a good variety of traditional and contemparary styles.  Last year I picked two different styles but used the same picture, so I was able to get Christmas and Hanukkah cards in the same place.

My favorite cards this year are this one (probably because those girls are just adorable!), this one (I love the idea of having a mini newsletter on the card), and this one (simple and sweet).  Now if our pictures will just turn out as cute as all of these!

And, you know what the best thing about Shutterfly is?  Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… learn more: http://bit.ly/sfly2010 !  I guess I'll be sending out more cards than I did last year!  Thanks, Shutterfly!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, Do you think listening to Christmas Music at Norton's begining NOVEMBER 1st could have something to do with it?

    I'm enjoying your blog!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete