Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our new home...

After a year long break from blogging I'm back... in a whole new place!  I decided that with all of the changes we have been through in the last year a change of internet address was a must.  So here we are.  Don't worry, there is a link to my old blog right over there, so you can still see the pictures of Hannah from the early days (they will be good for comparison purposes over the next few months).

So, let me explain the name of the blog.  I spent hours (in the middle of the night while feeding Mae Michael) trying to come up with something clever.  I even consulted a food dictionary; don't ask.  But, everything I came up with was taken.  I was trying to think of one food item that was both savory and sweet, which would be the perfect description of my life recently.  Nothing came to me.  Then I thought of "Cornbread and Caviar," which is kind of descriptive of life in Mobile, Alabama, except for one thing... I don't eat caviar.  I would if you served it to me, but I've probably only had it once or twice in my life, so it really wasn't an appropriate food to choose when describing MY life.

Cut to this morning and I'm cleaning out my fridge.  Is it just me, or do you have a hundred plastic containers in your fridge, each with less than a serving's amount of some random side dish in them, definitely not enough to actually eat, and they manage to stay there until you need that plastic container again?  Don't worry, I'm exaggerating.  But, I don't eat leftovers.  Jason promises he will, so I save them, but somehow things always get pushed to the back.  Anyway, this morning I was doing some shifting around to make room in the fridge and found the remains of a kugel we had sometime last week (which was delicious, by the way.  Thanks to the family who gave it to us; you know who you are!).  That's when it hit me, "Cornbread and Kugel."  Definitely describes my life, and maybe only in a way that makes sense to me, but I liked it and it is my blog.  So, there.  If you don't know what kugel is look it up in your food lover's dictionary.  Oh, you aren't crazy like me and you don't have a food lover's dictionary?  Well, then you'll have to just keep reading my blog.  I promise I will enlighten you.

What can you expect to find on this blog?  Mostly pictures of my babies, ramblings about what is going on with us, and the occasional recipe.  If that isn't your thing, well then I'm sorry... thanks for visiting.  If you like cute pictures of adorable (if I must say so myself) children, well then this will be a blog to add to your reader.  I promise, I will post much more often than I did with my last blog.  And, yes, I realize that one of my children is not pictured in the header photo.  In my defense, she wasn't around yet, and we haven't had family pictures taken since her arrival (on the calendar for next week).  I just love that picture, so I used it.  Here's a picture of both of my cuties to make up for it.

photo courtesy of uncle nonah

7 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful Michelle, We miss y'all! XO Ashley M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back and they are indeed adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to keep up with you guys! Cute pic at the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 of the cutest little girls I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the name! Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited to see your blog pop up on my reader list! Glad you are back. Maybe you will inspire me to get back to blogging too. I love the new title!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The title is PERFECT. So clever.

    ReplyDelete