Thursday, March 1, 2012

A day in the life

Ever since the birth of my sweet #3 I have constantly been asked, "how do you manage?"

Here is my typical day:

12:03 AM feed baby
2:58 AM make sure Jason wakes up for work (yes, he has to go in ridiculously early!). Feed baby again.
5:46 AM feed baby, change sheets because of diaper leak, change her clothes
6:00 AM alarm goes off... Laugh because I've been awake! Fix bottles for the day and pack all three backpacks into the car.
6:35 AM Middle child is awake and playing in the bed. Let her play until I get everyone else ready to go! Wake up oldest child- this is a struggle... "I'm still tired/ I'm too cold/ is it Saturday yet?". Go through three outfits before we can agree on what she will wear, and send her to the den to watch Sprout for a few minutes.
6:48 AM get my happy-go-lucky middle child dressed. Take the time to speak every article of clothing in hopes that she will repeat. So far we only have sock and shoes mastered.
7:03 pull out of the driveway- we are actually on time!
7:30 AM workout
8:55 COFFEE, aah
9:45 get to work late
11:17 AM get a call from the daycare that middle child "threw up everywhere" go to get her
2:15 PM hubby comes home from work and I head back to work
5:03 PM realize it is after five and race to daycare to pick up girls. It is Wednesday, so there is no where to park.
5:48 PM unload dishwasher, load dishwasher, start a load of laundry, hand wash bottles, and cook dinner all while oldest and middle child hang on my legs.
5:55 PM ugh, one of the dogs had an accident. I'll have to deal with that later
6:30 DINNER'S READY!!! Feed baby
6:50 PM bath time for middle child, clean up kitchen, kiss middle goodnight
7:08 PM finally sit down to eat my (cold) dinner
7:18 PM help oldest child play a game
8:02 PM bath time for oldest
8:15 PM bed time for oldest- spend 5 minutes picking out pajamas, read two books
8:28 PM "no, you cannot get out of bed to give daddy another hug."
8:29 PM SHIT (literally and figuratively) I still have to clean up the dog's cage
8:58 PM move clothes from washer to dryer and get coffee pot set for tomorrow
9:06 PM catch up on Facebook, Pinterest and what's in my Hulu queue on the iPad while feeding baby
11:42 PM debate on whether I should bother going to sleep or just stay up until the next feeding
12:29 AM it all starts over

Survival mode. That is how we manage!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I got exhausted when your alarm went off! How do you function?!?! Good for you for getting that workout in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion - at 11:42, bag it & stay up! Jani will be on the computer in a little while (because sleep is overrated so she doesn't do it!) & we can chat about how cute your kids are & how much fun your mom is having with them! :)

    ReplyDelete