Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

I thought it was about time for another recipe.  I have been unsuccessful with all of the recipes that I have tried on Pinterest, so I have gone back to the tried and true.  This recipe is courtesy of my Mother-in-Law, Suzan, and it is always a big hit with everyone!

Easy Chicken Enchiladas
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached and shredded
1 block cream cheese (I use fat free), softened
1 jar salsa (I use Tostitos Restaurant Style, but any kind will work)
1/2 cup Milk
16oz Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
10 regular size flour tortillas (not the big ones)

Bring a pot of water to boil, put in chicken and turn heat down to medium/medium-high.  Water should be bubbling, but not rapidly boiling.  Poach chicken for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.  Remove chicken from water and shred.  Mix chicken with cream cheese, half jar of salsa, and 8oz. cheese.  Spoon mixture into tortillas, wrap and place side by side, seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish.  Pour milk over tortillas.  Top with remaining salsa and cheese.  Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment