Monday, January 23, 2012

Third time's the charm

Ok, so I'm going to try (again) to be a dedicated blogger.  As a mom with a full time job, and no computer at home it has been difficult to make sharing our life online a priority!

Since August (my last post), Mae Michael turned one and we welcomed a new addition!

Somehow I have misplaced the pictures from Mae Michael's birthday- I got a new camera, returned it, and got another new camera, so I hope I remembered to upload the pictures somewhere in the process.  We just celebrated with family.  She really didn't know what was going on, but Hannah had fun opening her presents!

In December our sweet niece, Charlotte Mary Touchton was born.  We drove over to New Orleans to visit for the day.  Hannah was in love, and Mae Michael was oblivious!  We celebrated Hanukkah at our house with latkes and lots of presents.  Jason took the girls to Birmingham for Christmas to spend a long weekend with Gee Gee & Bop.  I stayed home for fear of going into labor early.

The last few weeks of my pregnancy were particularly uncomfortable.  I was READY, so we decided to schedule Ruthie's arrival for January 5th.  I was truly hoping to go into labor on my own, but it worked out best to just be induced.  I arrived at the hospital that morning at 8am, started pitocin (?) around 10am, got my epidural at noon, and after two quick pushes welcomed Ruth Ellis Touchton into the world at 4:23pm.

Ruthie has been a great baby.  She eats really well, sleeps all the time, and graciously welcomes her sisters' poking, hugging, kissing, grabbing, holding, and general bothering.  Both of the older girls have been great with her.  We really have to watch them, but for the most part, they have been sweet and just in awe of the baby.

Life with three girls has been fun.  Hannah is an amazing/huge help.  She does anything I ask, and entertains Mae Michael while I'm feeding Ruthie.  Mae Michael is getting better at following instructions.  She still does not communicate verbally (just a few words, dada, doggie, baby, bye bye, ball, cheese, hey, etc), but she understands exactly what you are saying and will respond in her actions.

I am really going to try to post more pictures.  We had a mini photo session last weekend, so as soon as I get those pictures I will definitely share!  Here are some to enjoy in the meantime!

 Christmas Eve in Birmingham
 Christmas Morning

 waiting for the Christmas parade




 Fun time opening presents on Hanukkah





 daddy's girl

 sweet Mary Frances
 Lala and the girls







 1st bath




 ready for the car ride home
 "bay-beee"
 Hannah practicing her princess wave!

 two weeks- 8lbs 9oz
 I swear I didn't pose her hand... I just noticed it when I uploaded!
 Hannah feeding Ruthie her first bottle.
 Mae Mae wishes she could help!
 1st real bath
 throw me somethin' mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment